Plaform Updates: Operation Developer Love - Facebook developers15 Dec 2011
Last week we introduced the Subscribe Button for Websites, announced the removal of App Profile Pages on February 1st, 2012, provided a recap on our recent Social Games Hack and published a tutorial on debugging Open Graph apps.
This week we completed the discontinuation of the Dashboard APIs with the exception of
dashboard.getCountmethods. All apps should upgrade to the new Requests 2.0.
Upcoming changes on January 1, 2012
- Deprecating the FB.Data.* JS SDK APIs This will be no longer supported and will not be available to new apps.
- Deprecating FB.Canvas.setAutoResize We have renamed FB.Canvas.setAutoResize to FB.Canvas.setAutoGrow so that the method more accurately represents its function. Fb.Canvas.setAutoResize will be removed.
- Deprecating FBML FBML will no longer be supported as of January 1, 2012. Aside from security and privacy related bugs, we will not fix any bugs related to FBML after January 1, 2012. On June 1, 2012 FBML endpoints will be removed from Platform
- All apps will be opted into "Upgrade to Requests 2.0" and "Requests 2.0 Efficient" Existing apps will be opted into “Requests 2.0 Efficient” and "Upgrade to Requests 2.0" migrations and all developers must ensure that they are using the correct request_id format and deleting requests appropriately. Details here
- Enforcing Credits Policy We have added a new policy to the Facebook Credits Terms that prohibits routing Credits from one app to another app without our prior authorization.2.14 You may not accept Credits in one app and deliver or transfer the purchase to the user in another app without our prior authorization. For example, an app solely designed to facilitate transactions is not permitted.
Apps that are not compliant by January 1, 2012 run the risk of having their Credits disabled shortly after.
Please refer to the Platform Roadmap for more info on these and other upcoming changes.
Bug Activity from 12/6 to 12/13
- 210 bugs were reported
- 89 bugs were reproducible and accepted (after duplicates removed)
- 61 bugs were by design
- 27 bugs were fixed
- 71 bugs were duplicate, invalid, or need more information
Bugs fixed from 12/6 to 12/13
- Link to the "How do I get reimbursed" page is wrong
- Duplicate attribute - num_posts - listed on Comment Plugin Documentation Page
- Dead link on http://developers.facebook.com/docs/guides/canvas/#insights
- BREAKING CHANGE: Format of Facebook API Response
- "format error in Old REST API Documentation page
- New Auth does not send "code" to redirect page if users skips extended permissions
- Requests 1.0 no longer showing request message
- Cannot delete posts to app and fan pages
- Like Box feed photo squished
- connect() timed out!
- server whitelist does not accept ipv6 adddresses
- Facebook comments disappear past May 2011 v2
- Graph API stats for an adgroup - missing unique impressions
- Like Box Error.
- Facebook Send button missing icon
- Live stream box configuration error
- Allow page
- iphone and ipad apps lose URL context on redirect for canvas apps
- Facebook Ads API - Ad group Suggested Bid
- Dark scheme hides links on social plugin
- Broken Link - Mobile SSO Documentation
- fb:comment returning httpS content when called over http
- Notifications auto-scroll not working for game requests
- Live Stream Plugin not displaying posts
- Like button not counting likes for some app pages
- Bad request error
Activity on facebook.stackoverflow.com this week:
- 140 questions asked
- 16 answered, 11% answered rate
- 50 replied, 36% reply rate
Some facebook developer love.